2015 the Gaza Surf Club for some will still be the wind of change to break free from fear of a war that was even cursed by the Bible.
Moments 2015 of freedom for the Palestinians in their hard, dreamlike life in the Gaza Strip. This is what in 2015 the surf club is still aiming at achieving.
- Restrictions are so tough that many people call the Gaza Strip “the largest open-air prison”. A strip of land crowded by so many people. And then a small group of boys and girls find their temporary escape by surfing the waves breaking on the shore of that narrow land. And still in 2015, the Gaza Surf Club will be a glimmer of civility in the future of the Gaza Strip.
- Photographer and surfer Andrew McConnell (link) pictured them, living and surfing with them, and won the award that Sony dedicated to contemporary photography (link)
I Love This Planet talks about a great contemporary photographer of Black&Withe technique, he is famous all over the world, it is the exhibition Genesi, Salgado, read it (Link)
As soon as I got to know of the Gaza Surf Club, I had to meet them… Surfing in Gaza is at once surprising, you can’t even think of something like that, but now it all makes sense: what place in the world does need more freedom than Gaza?
- Pictures by Andrew McConnell: www.andrewmcconnell.com
- For those who like surfing, what about visiting in 2015 the Gaza Surf Club (link)
- or you can follow them on Facebook fun page (link)
After watching the Gaza Surf Club Video (link), sign up and receive