Time to take an active part in saving the Earth. Eco-weekly “Sette” from Corriere della Sera, awarded the 7 best ideas for the sustainability of our planet.
There is still much to do in Italy, but thanks to the cooperation and active support from Coop, Conai, Nespresso, Toyota and Bridgestone, more than 120 suggestions become real: between these are projects and innovative ideas to improve and save the Earth, collected in the website of Corriere della Sera, in the Sette Green Awards page (link).
During the event were awarded the 7 categories to save the Earth:
- 1. Living. Technology solutions for respect and enhancement of our environment: Edilana.com realised an insulating panel that combines virgin wool to “sea wool”.
- 2. Smart cities. Urban planning using strategies that grant the citizens of this Planet a good life standard. Town of Massarosa (link), in the district of Lucca, won the prize for its various efforts managed actively in the area within its jurisdiction to safeguard sustainability.
- 3. Culture. The art expression that fostered the debate on sustainability. The University of l’Aquila together with the project I Save My Planet (link) won the prize for spreading awareness of man and nature through debates and conventions.
- 4. Packaging. The main goal for the packaging of the future is that it must be “environmentally-friendly”. A partnership Barilla+Favini gave birth to a new paper produced from bran (link) otherwise useless. This paper will be suitable for the packaging of Italian Excellence products selected by the Accademia Barilla.
- 5. Travelling. Suggestions and solutions making transport of people and goods respectful as to sustainability. Prize won by the WWF web platform for promoting the idea of travelling ecologically and Ecotourism www.wwfnature.it (link).
- 6. App. Software created from the idea of a sustainable lifestyle. As already explained, a short guide in this article: 10 ways to save the Earth every day (link). Prize won by L’Orto in Tasca —>> free for iOS and Android: app to find your nearest farms.
- 7. Food. Core of the next Expo 2015: safeguard quality and local areas for our food products and raw materials. Since 2011 Solidale Italiano Altromercato (link) promotes Italian food according to the principles of Fair Trade.
I love this Planet is always first in line with twitting @UnBelFuturo, and for this post with #7GreenAwards to boost events about sustainability, sign up and receive